News & Updates
Weekly Briefs for the Week of September 3, 2012
- Transit Investments for Greenhouse Gas and Energy Reduction Program: First Assessment Report – This report provides an overview and preliminary analysis of the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration’s TIGGER Program. It outlines the program history, goals, and technologies being implemented. It also provides a description and current status of each project awarded in the program.
- Adapting to Climate Change: Building a Network of Solutions – This issue presents an array of climate change adaptation initiatives, including key facts that transportation leaders and professionals should know about climate change and transportation.
- How Transit-Oriented Development Can Help Get America to Work – This paper sets out the importance of investing in economic development strategies that focus from the earliest planning stages on equity and opportunity for low-income workers. It outlines some of the conditions that enable communities and investors to design thriving societies and help break down traditional silos of community development. It also discusses why integrating transit and community development is not just good social policy but also smart investing.
- Regionalized Infrastructure – This issue analyzes a growing trend of communities forging regional alliances to amass the resources needed to address major transportation infrastructure challenges.
- 2011 State Transportation Statistics – This report offers states a look at transportation-related state-by-state data for all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia.
- Miscellaneous Reports